EcoHeritage is an Erasmus+ EU-funded program bringing together Ecomuseums for the protection of cultural and natural heritage targeting local communities. The project will create a collaborative network for the exchange of good practices.
- Intellectual Output 1 – Ecomuseums, social museums and other practices of collaborative management of cultural heritage: a report.
- Intellectual Output 2 – Ecomuseums Best Practices Manual.
- Intellectual Output 3 – Participatory heritage management toolkit and OERs.
- Intellectual Output 4 – Ecomuseums online network and web-based training app.
Within the scope of the project, EcoHeritage created a list of Ecomuseums in Poland, Italy, Spain and Portugal that you can explore online.
Furthermore, you can read the Transnational Report
Case studies: here are some of our picks:
- Dunajec River Villages Ecomuseum
- Corvo Ecomuseum
- Museological Network of the Municipality of Peniche
Toolkit: broken down into areas of interest, stages of the ecomuseum and target groups:
- Digital Inventory,
- Social Entrepreneurship,
- Integrated Marketing Communication,
- Parish map
- Ecomuseum planification
- Heritage for sustainable local development
- Heritage Education and Interpretation
- Evaluation and Impacts Monitoring
- Participatory Action and Research
- Community Museography
- Oral Memory Workshops
EcoHeritage project is a valuable resource for Ecomuseums and local heritage management. The project offers tools to support Ecomuseums at all stages and for a variety of target groups applicable to the diverse scene of rural and local communities. The online network facilitates pan-European participatory management featuring good practices and collaboration. We highly recommend exploring the project’s outputs and keeping them in your toolkit.
I want to learn more: