The annual CC Global Summit will take place virtually between 20-24 September bringing current exciting panels, topics and tutorials! Creative Commons promises a week of creativity, discussion and collaboration with their second virtual summit marking their 20th anniversary! The event offers a great program and pay-what-you-can tickets granting everyone full access.
Creative Commons is one of the leading organisations ensuring sharing and access to knowledge. The summit brings together an international community discussing culture, art, technology including derived ethical or philosophical questions.
What is “Creative Commons”? (In case the internet has not reached you yet, which is weird since you need internet access to read this [sic])
In a nutshell: You most certainly heard or used their Creative Commons licenses and public domain tools, allowing creators and the public to have open access to information, books, images etc as well as ensure their copyrights distribution.
The schedule is packed from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm UTC with incredible segments, guaranteeing something for everyone. Our favourites:
- Wake-up Call for Heritage at Risk
- Legal and Ethical Challenges to Sharing and Using GLAM Collections
- Flexible Approach of Learning in Inclusive Education
- Protecting Open Licenses in the EU Copyright Reform
- Sustainability Strategies for Artists and Creative Professionals: How can CC licenses help? Fátima São Simão
- Making Community Publishing Mainstream: A New Economic Model for Knowledge Production
- AI Commons: reconciling open content licensing and AI training
- CC + NFT
- How the Netherlands Accepted Online Teaching: Checklist for Choosing your Online Learning Platform
- Introducing Wikisource: The Free Digital Library
- The Value and Impact of Digital Cultural Heritage
Hack4OpenGLAM cocreation event is back during the Summit, where professionals come together and work toward Open Access to cultural heritage.
The event costs 45 USD per person but offers flexible ticketing allowing everyone to participate:
Standard Registration – $45 USD
Pay-what-you-can – $22 USD
Pay-what-you-can – $12 USD
Pay-what-you-can – Free Ticket
DO NOT MISS IT
I want to learn more: